Hello friends! Happy Wednesday! It has been officially fall for a few weeks now, but Texas just got the memo a few days ago. Last week we had some really beautiful fall temps, and the humidity dropped down to rate where my hair was not a complete frizz-ball! We have been enjoying time at the park, playing outside and I even opened the windows at home a few times! In the back of my mind I had to remind myself that I was in the south, and that this was not going to last and to enjoy each moment!
Monday, the temps rose back up and yesterday we were back in the mid 90s! Despite all the ups and downs with what I call ‘fake fall’ I have been enjoying some of my favorite fall foods.
Last week I was grabbing lunch with my friend Julie at Whole Foods. We happened to come across some really beautiful granola. Through our discussion, I said I would make some for her. We went through the bulk food section and she picked out the different ingredients that she wanted in her own mix! I was so pumped to make it! So many fall flavors all in one place!
The combo of the nuts, seeds, spices, oats and honey made my kitchen smell amazing! It was hard to wait for it to cool to try some out!
- 4 cups organic rolled oats
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp organic ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup organic flax seeds
- 1/2 cup organic sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup organic almonds
- 1/2 cup organic cashews
- 2 Tbsp organic brown sugar
- 1/2 cup organic raw honey
- 1/2 cup organic avocado oil
- 1/2 cup organic dried cranberries
- Parchment paper
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Pour the oats, nuts, seeds, spices and brown sugar into a large bowl, mix till well blended.
- Add in the honey and oil and fully coat the mixture.
- Spread the mixture onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-11 min. Remove the pan from the oven and gently stir the granola. Then press it down firmly with the back of a spoon. (This will add some nice chunks to the granola as it dries.
- Bake for another 10-11 min or till the top it looking golden brown.
- Let cool (about 30-40 min) in the baking sheet on top of a drying rack.
- Store in an airtight container!
- Enjoy plain, with milk, over yogurt or a smoothie bowl!